In Clearwater, insurance fraud is as common as anywhere else in the United States. If you’ve been involved in a car accident, you might be approached by a fraudulent car accident attorney with a doctor accompanying him or her. Choosing qualified and reputable professionals — including doctors as well as lawyers — is very important when going forward with an accident case.
After an accident in Clearwater, how do you go about choosing your doctor and attorney? You may choose a medical professional through a referral from your family physician, but selecting a personal injury lawyer in Clearwater should be based on the attorney’s experience in that particular area of law and recognition by peers.
Warning signs your attorney and doctor may be committing fraud:
- When the lawyer or doctor encourages excessive diagnostic treatment, telling you that everything will be covered by the insurance company.
- When the lawyer is overly involved in setting up various diagnostic tests.
- When the doctor does not share any or very little information on the diagnostic tests.
- When invoices are sent to the attorney instead of the patient.
- When focus is too much on an area where you have no or very few symptoms.
If you or a loved one has been injured in an accident caused by the negligence of another person, make sure you choose the right doctor and lawyer team, who are well-versed in injury laws in the United States, to receive the compensation you deserve.