Whenever you think of malpractice in NYC, it may bring to mind notable cases in the news, with high profile defendants or drastic medical procedures. The fact is that the majority of cases brought to court under malpractice law in NYC are for commonplace procedures and subtle mistakes that nevertheless result in permanent injury and even death to the victim.
Some common types of medical malpractice involve the following procedures:
- Surgery. Sometimes surgeons operate on the wrong site, organ, limb, and even on the wrong patient. In addition, improperly administered anesthesia, as well as an item that is not adequately sterilized or left inside the body of the victim, has the potential for enormous and long-lasting damage.
- The prescription of medication. Medication errors include prescriptions that are inappropriate for the condition of the patient, given in incorrect doses, administered to the wrong patient, or dispensed in dangerous combination’s.
- Emergency room procedures. This fast-paced medical environment is responsible for an immense number of NYC malpractice suits, many of which stem from delayed treatment, contaminated blood transfusions, faulty patient evaluation and monitoring, misdiagnosis, and poor sanitation.
- Misdiagnosis. This type of medical mistake can include an incorrect or delayed diagnosis and even failure to determine the cause of a serious medical condition altogether. Cancer, brain injuries, heart attacks, neck fractures, meningitis, appendicitis, and strokes are among the most commonly misdiagnosed ailments and conditions.
- Childbirth. The results of these tragic types of injuries can mean severe and lifelong disabilities, suffering, or shortened lifespan for your child. Obstetrical errors can result in stillbirth, paralysis, brain injuries, infections, seizures, intracranial hemorrhages, and death of the infant.
Whether your NYC medical malpractice law issue is large or small, do not hesitate to contact us to discuss the case. We are fully prepared to do whatever it takes under NYC malpractice law to get the settlement you deserve. If you need a firm with over 70 years of experience in medical malpractice law in NYC, contact Julien & Schlesinger, P.C. at 1-866-915-3451.
Julien & Schlesinger, P.C. – nyc medical malpractice law firm
One Whitehall Street, 17th Floor
New York, New York 10004