Drug charges stem from criminal laws at the state and federal level in the United States. If charged with drug possession in Selma, it is important to seek the help of a Selma drug cases attorney as quickly as possible to ensure your rights are protected.
Drug crimes in Alabama are considered very serious and a conviction can have adverse effects on the life of the person who is charged. There are various types of drug charges, including:
• Drug-related DUI
• Possession of narcotics
• Illegal possession of prescription drugs
• Selling drugs to juveniles
• Charges connected to marijuana or methamphetamine
• Selling drugs as part of a trafficking conspiracy or at an enterprise level
• Possession of drug manufacturing ingredients or paraphernalia
• Manufacturing or cultivation of drugs without legal permission
Conviction of a drug crime may result in incarceration, penalty of thousands of dollars, mandatory drug treatment, probation, and more, depending on the intensity and nature of the crime.
Do not discuss your case with anyone until you have an attorney. Only a skilled attorney knowledgeable about state and federal laws of U.S for drug crimes can fight for your rights and work to have the charges dropped or possibly reduced.